Wednesday 12 October 2011

New Vivo Baked Shimmer Palette Chocolate Box + a bit of Illamasqua

Hello Everyone!

No nail post today folks. My fingers look like crap, I'm having a bad finger day. So, today I have one of the new Vivo eyeshadow palettes to show you. For those who haven't heard of this make-up range, it's Tesco's new budget cosmetics line launched in September, although only available in some of their stores.

I bought a couple of bits along with this, their Primer, Highlighter and a Nail polish (of course!). Here is the baked shimmer palette I purchased, containing 4 baked eye shadows and a baked blusher. Lovely, they remind me of very much of the baked products made by Laura Geller.




Cost? £6.00. I'm not a makeup expert by any means, and to be frank, I suck at applying makeup. I do however really like these shades.

NOW remember a while ago wrote about purchasing the new Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation? Well I thought it was nigh on time I wrote my little review on using it! Don't read any further unless you want to be scared out of your wits by the sore sight of my face without make-up (it ain't pretty let me tell ya)

READ ON FOR MORE...OR TA TA FOR NOW x






So brave enough are we! :-)


Well, I've been using this foundation for quite some time now. I usually use Max Factor Pan Stik as my everyday foundation and have done for years. I don't spend a lot on make-up, it's just not 'my thing'. So is it any good? Well, it's not too bad (vague I know). As a medium coverage foundation, I thought this just wasn't going to work for me.

Illamasqua writes:

'Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.'



Now for the horrid bit..my mug without make-up on eeeeeek!



Well, only half of it! It just seemed less damaging then using  the whole of my face. As you can see I have some dark pigmentation around the eyes, dry skin, open pores and lots of freckles (crikey lucky I'm not looking for a date!)

Now here is my face with only Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation (shade 8) on and a tiny bit of bronzer (Too faced).




The coverage was better then I expected, and I only used a tiny amount. The foundation glides on and doesn't irritate my skin at all. Coverage doesn't last very long on me, but maybe investing in a quality primer will sort that issue out. The foundation seems to not only provide coverage, but also illuminates my complexion slightly, giving it a dewy glow. I would usually apply some powder after application, but I didn't this time to show the true finish.


So would I recommend it? Yes! I really like this foundation. My skin also doesn't feel dried out by using it or chalky. But I really don't like the packaging. I find it difficult to squeeze the product out as the bottle is quite hard. At £25.00 a pop, I want to be able to squeeze every last smidgen of foundation out.

Have any of you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?

p.s As you can see, I have a lot of books! 3 bookcases worth. I love reading mostly fantasy fiction. I like my head in the clouds, big kid really!

Tee Dee xx

3 comments:

  1. I bought the make up palette too and I use it soooo much! I love it!!

    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive heard such good things about the Illamasqua skin base and its effects are so lovely but i have slightly dry skin so am on the fence about buying it :(

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zoe, i have terrible dry skin round the creases of my nose and around my eyebrows, as long as I exfoliate first, this foundation really hydrates. I got them to try it on my first before I bought it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate every single one of them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...